- Take hardwood cuttings.
- Prune open grown apples and pears.
- Harvest leeks, parsnips, winter cabbage, sprouts and remaining root crops.
- Reduce watering of house plants.
- Plant out winter bedding.
- Clear fallen leaves, especially from lawns and ponds.
- Plant tulip bulbs for spring display next year.
- Raise containers onto pot feet to avoid waterlogging.
Christine Goodey has sent in this photograph of an albino squirrel for Project 5, “Wildlife in your garden”.
We have received the following from Christine Goodey for the Newsletter Project 3 – “Out And About”.
- Cut back perennials that have died down.
- Move tender plants into the greenhouse or conservatory.
- Prune climbing roses.
- Renovate old lawns or create new grass areas by laying turf.
We have received the following photographs from Christine Goodey for the Newsletter General Projects section 3.
As with the real show the entry is anonymous at the moment.